Indicates that the item was selected as one of Cathy’s 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum.
- 24 Game: Single Digits , Double Digits , Add/Subtract Primer, Multiply/Divide Primer, Fractions/Decimals, and Algebra/Exponents
- Accelerated Individualized Mastery (AIM) programs
- ADD-Arithmetic Developed Daily
- Algebra Word Problems, Books 1 and 2
- Challenging Word Problems
- Critical Thinking Detective: Math Series
- DIVE Into Math
- Fahrenheit: The Weather Card Game
- Football Math
- Fourmation Game
- How to Be Good at Math
- Key to Geometry
- Key to Series
- Knowre Pre-Algebra through Algebra 2 Courses
- Learning Wrap-Ups
- Mastering Algebra “John Saxon’s Way” video teaching
- Mastering Essential Math Skills series
- Math and Science Speed Sketch game
- Math Antics
- Math Medalist game
- Mathematicians are People, Too, volumes one and two
- Math-Teacher (CD-ROM computer programs)
- MathXpert: Algebra Assistant, Precalculus Assistant, and Calculus Assistant [CD-ROM programs for Windows computers]
- Nicole the Math Lady – Saxon Math Instructional Videos
- No-Nonsense Algebra
- Painless Fractions
- Pirate Math: Developing Mathematical Reasoning with Games and Puzzles
- Saxon Math Teacher Computer CD's
- Smart Moves: Developing Mathematical Reasoning with Games and Puzzles
- Teaching Tape Technology-Saxon Math [DVDs]
- Time-Travel Math: An Advanced Geometry Adventure for Grades 4-5
- When Math Matters
- Your Busines$ Math Series
Math Supplements Web Links
- Common Sense Education
Common Sense Education has a section titled Ed Tech Ratings & Reviews that hosts teacher reviews and ratings for online games, websites, and apps. The site is free with no registration required.
free printable worksheets for math for kindergarten level through pre-algebra plus formatted handwriting pages
- education.com math word problem worksheets
free printable math worksheets for preschool through high school with lots of variety
- iPracticeMath.com free worksheets
iPracticeMath.com offers free math worksheets for grades 1 -5 that can be completed online or printed for use offline. They cover most topics for the elementary grades. Topical lessons are also available. You can also subscribe monthly ($10) or yearly ($60) to get access to resources for grades 6 through 8 and Algebra 1. Word problems and quizzes are available for all grade levels only through paid membership. The system automatically tracks students and provides reports.
KinderTown is a website that reviews apps for iPads and iPhones, providing an easy interface for finding useful educational apps for ages 3 to 8. See my brief review of KinderTown here.
- Learn ’em Forwards and Backwards
David Chandler of Math Without Borders has created a free online flashcard-style program to help students master multiplication and division facts. The program even tracks student progress including recording response time. Problems are present in a spiral fashion as students work through five levels toward mastery.
- Math is Fun.com
free online site with curriculum, individual lessons, games, worksheets, puzzles for PreK through high school. Click here for my review.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
free, animated demonstrations of how many different manipulatives are used to teach concepts, primarily for the elementary grades
Numberock features animated, colorful videos that teach math concepts. Some videos are free on the website and through YouTube, but an inexpensive subscription gives you access to all of them plus downloadable lesson plans, worksheets, and games.
Free math games with quests and in-game rewards. A premium paid account is also available.
- Sheppard Software Math
free drill games for K through 8—games drill basic operations, fractions, decimals, measurment, time, money, and more
- Spirit of Math iPad App
This colorful app provides five types of drills at different levels that should be especially good for students in the elementary grades who are advanced in math. These are timed drills that take five or ten minutes to complete.
- Zoom Chess
Zoom Chess is a subscription-based site for online "curriculum" for all levels of chess players from beginners to advanced players. Differentiated lessons adapt to provide children with sequential learning appropriate for each student.