Indicates that the item was selected as one of Cathy’s 102 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum.
- 15 to Zero Game
- 24 Game: Single Digits , Double Digits , Add/Subtract Primer, Multiply/Divide Primer, Fractions/Decimals, and Algebra/Exponents
- Accelerated Individualized Mastery (AIM) programs
- ADD-Arithmetic Developed Daily
- Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division Songs Kits (CD's)
- Arcademics Online Academic Games
- Brain Quest
- Challenging Word Problems
- Charlotte Mason’s Living Math: A Guided Journey
- Fahrenheit: The Weather Card Game
- Family Math
- Fourmation Game
- Grocery Cart Math
- Head for Home Word Problems
- Holey Cards
- Key to Series
- Learning Wrap-Ups
- Mac’s Abacus Basic
- Math Antics
- Math Dash Board Games
- Math Detective Series
- Math Facts that Stick
- Math Medalist game
- Math Noodlers Games
- Math Rider
- Math Sprints
- Mathematicians are People, Too, volumes one and two
- One Hundred Sheep, Skip Counting Songs from the Gospels
- The Original Skip Count Kid or The Skip Count Kid's Bible Heroes
- Rap With The Facts math songs
- Sit Down, Little Prince!: A math story about Carl Friedrich Gauss
- Super Teacher Worksheets Website
- Times Tales
- Triangle Flash Cards
- Two Plus Two Is Not Five AND Five Times Five Is Not Ten
- Visible Thinking in Mathematics
Math Supplements Web Links
- Common Sense Education
Common Sense Education has a section titled Ed Tech Ratings & Reviews that hosts teacher reviews and ratings for online games, websites, and apps. The site is free with no registration required.
free printable worksheets for math for kindergarten level through pre-algebra plus formatted handwriting pages
- education.com math word problem worksheets
free printable math worksheets for preschool through high school with lots of variety
- iPracticeMath.com free worksheets
iPracticeMath.com offers free math worksheets for grades 1 -5 that can be completed online or printed for use offline. They cover most topics for the elementary grades. Topical lessons are also available. You can also subscribe monthly ($10) or yearly ($60) to get access to resources for grades 6 through 8 and Algebra 1. Word problems and quizzes are available for all grade levels only through paid membership. The system automatically tracks students and provides reports.
KinderTown is a website that reviews apps for iPads and iPhones, providing an easy interface for finding useful educational apps for ages 3 to 8. See my brief review of KinderTown here.
- Learn ’em Forwards and Backwards
David Chandler of Math Without Borders has created a free online flashcard-style program to help students master multiplication and division facts. The program even tracks student progress including recording response time. Problems are present in a spiral fashion as students work through five levels toward mastery.
- Math is Fun.com
free online site with curriculum, individual lessons, games, worksheets, puzzles for PreK through high school. Click here for my review.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives
free, animated demonstrations of how many different manipulatives are used to teach concepts, primarily for the elementary grades
Numberock features animated, colorful videos that teach math concepts. Some videos are free on the website and through YouTube, but an inexpensive subscription gives you access to all of them plus downloadable lesson plans, worksheets, and games.
- Sheppard Software Math
free drill games for K through 8—games drill basic operations, fractions, decimals, measurment, time, money, and more
- Spirit of Math iPad App
This colorful app provides five types of drills at different levels that should be especially good for students in the elementary grades who are advanced in math. These are timed drills that take five or ten minutes to complete.
- Zoom Chess
Zoom Chess is a subscription-based site for online "curriculum" for all levels of chess players from beginners to advanced players. Differentiated lessons adapt to provide children with sequential learning appropriate for each student.