Indicates that the item was selected as one of Cathy’s 103 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum.
- Alpha Omega Science LIFEPAC Curriculum, junior and senior high
- Apologia's Exploring Creation Series (elementary grades)
- Be a Naturalist
- Be Naturally Curious Science Mini-Courses
- Behold and See Life Science
- BioBox Labs
- Biology 101: Biology According to the Days of Creation DVD set
- Biology: A Search for Order in Complexity, second edition
- Biology, BJU Press, Fifth Edition
- The Biology Coloring Book
- Biology Dissection Video (DVD)
- Biology, fourth edition (A.C.E.)
- Biology: God’s Living Creation, fourth edition
- Building Blocks in Life Science
- Christian Kids Explore series
- Classic Science Curriculum
- Compass Classroom Premium Membership
- Devotional Biology
- Discovering Design with Biology
- DIVE Science Courses
- Dr. Dave's Teaching Manuals
- Earth Party!: An Early Introduction to the Linnaean System of Classification of Living Things
- Elemental Science Classic Series
- Exploring Creation science series - Apologia Science for Junior and Senior High Levels
- Exploring Creation with Biology, 3rd Edition
- Focus On Science Series
- Foundations of Science Series
- Gentle + Classical Nature
- The Good and the Beautiful Science and Health Unit Studies
- High School Biology in Your Home
- Illustrated Guide to Home Biology Experiments
- Intelligent Design DVDs
- Journey Homeschool Academy: Elementary Level Science Courses
- Journey Homeschool Academy - Experience Biology: Level C
- Khan Academy Courses
- Learn Science Conceptual Academy
- Life Before Birth
- Life Science, Fourth Edition (BJU Press)
- Life Science Work-Text
- Lyrical Media: Life Science, Volumes 1, 2, and 3; Earth Science
- Medical Investigation 101
- Modern Biology Course
- Mystery Science
- Noeo Science Curriculum: Biology, Physics, and Chemistry Courses (grades 1-8)
- Raising Up Wild Things Nature Studies
- SavannaScapes Game
- Science Chunks Unit Studies
- Science Lessons & Investigations
- Science Mastery Programs
- Science Shepherd for Junior and Senior High
- Science Unlocked Kits
- Stratton House Home Science Adventures
- Study.com for Homeschool
- The Thinking Tree Books
- Ultimate Science Curriculum Series
- The Wonderful Way Babies are Made
- World Geography & Ecology: Science and Story for Seventh Through Ninth Grade
- A Year of Discovery
Science Web Links
- 5 STEM Lesson Plans to Teach Forces of Motion
Five free lesson plans provide instructions for a balloon car; a paper roller coaster; a two-stage balloon rocket; parachutes made from tissue paper; and homemade cars that are used to learn about force, mass, and acceleration.
- 84 easy science lessons you can do at home
This page posted by Darren Bagley of Michigan State University Extension has some great ideas that are simple to use, especially if you're new to homeschooling or are trying to interest children in science.
- Common Sense Education
Common Sense Education has a section titled Ed Tech Ratings & Reviews that hosts teacher reviews and ratings for online games, websites, and apps. The site is free with no registration required.
- Free (mostly) online STEM resources
Baylor University's online education department has posted a page with some great (mostly) free, online STEM education resources. Go to “How to Identify Effective STEM Activities for Children” and scroll down to "Nine Quality STEM Resources Online."
- Geoscience Teaching Resources
Free activities from national parks for teaching geology.
- Innerbody Explorer
The Innerbody Explorer is a free, interactive tool for exploring 12 different body systems. Viewers who want more detail can click to focus in on parts of the detailed images, and they can read descriptions at each level of detail.
- MIT OpenCourseWare free AP test prep
MIT OpenCourseWare has free AP test prep for Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Online Learning Fun With Physics
At Online Learning Fun With Physics, Maryville University has groups of links to other educational websites (free) with topical lesson material and/or videos on physics topics under the headings Motion, Heat and Thermodynamics, Light, Electricity and Magnetism, and Gravity.
- Python Essentials kit
The Python Essentials kit teaches the fundamentals of Python using real-world projects. This is a self-paced interactive platform for ages 13 through 17. It should be great for those just beginning to learn Python. It should take about 8 hours to complete.
The ScienceBob.com website has free videos and instructions for impressive and fun experiments such as building a rideable hovercraft and growing crystals on eggshells.
- Sky Lights Blog
Dan Heim hosts a weekly blog (advertisement free!) that should be helpful to homeschoolers at junior high level and above. Topics addressed are generally from astronomy, meteorology, and earth science, often determined by current events. Search "Browse All Posts" for brief interesting coverage of many topics, often with links to vetted sites.
www.HookedOnScience.org is the website of noted science teacher Jason Lindsey that features a huge archive of relatively simple experiments for free.
- www.teachwithmovies.org - Science
www.teachwithmovies.org provides free detailed lesson plans for various science topics that use clips from videos. You need to obtain the videos yourself. It also lists feature films that relate to science topics but with no lesson plans.